Thursday, February 4, 2010

My family

This week has been a tough week. I miss my family oh so very much and got so caught up this week thinking about how much I long for them to be with me. I always had this vision of one day finding a man, marrying that man, having children, and my family along side me. The vision even had the Rockwall setting, with a little home in the Shores, where Lottie and Emma would have slumber party's at my house cause I'm the cool big sister. Lottie and Emma would every now and then come over and confide in me, cause they know, well, I'm Sissy and I would fight and die for them any second of the day. I miss my family. Sometimes I ache for their presence, to hear their laughs, to hear those words I used to dread coming from my fathers mouth, "Elisabeth Ainslee Byrd"!
Today, I received a different vision that overwhelmed me. A vision that can only prosper into reality if I change and stop fearing change. WHAT DO I HAVE TO LOSE ANYMORE. The answer is nothing. When I lose all of this world, I will gain LIFE. A life filled with real love, and passion. I life with a man who delights in me as the Lord does (Mark). I will be a mother who says no more, NO MORE to the bondage thats seems to be generational and eat a big mac at the same time. I'm not done yet. I have a lot to conquer. But I know that my flesh will be conquered,not by my will, but by God's hands.
My family, their winning souls to Christ. What is amazing, is that it took my family to move out of the country for me to experience God. Which has been a painful experience that I feel I would not have, if God did not call my family. All coping mechanisms, and lies, and fears where displayed center stage, with bright lights. THANK GOD. God placing me in isolation has turned into a tremendous blessing. I am learning trust, to love, and most importantly I am learning to be weak. That I am weak. You know what? Thats ok : ).In fact it's glorious, for my weakness will be turned into strength for the glory of God.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heart is bursting with joy and pride for you Elisabeth. This was our prayer that when we left and you would no longer have us in your home...right next to you....that you would not even rely on yourself. You would put all of your hope and faith and trust in the Lord....and you did sweet girl. One day you will pray these same things for your children. How special to see you arrive in this place in Him. I love you and miss you like crazy cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Elisabeth,
    I am so so happy for you.
    I am really excited about following you on your blog!
    I am so thankful for what the Lord is doing in your life.
    love
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Byrd! :)
    And it so cool to KNOW that God's had His hand on you and your family since the beginning (Is. 49:1)

    <3 LOVE you byrd!!!

    <3
    Hannah G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elisabeth

    I am so so happy for you as I follow your mom blog you have to be in some way just like her too:)
    I will be excited about followinf your blog on this darling new exciting time in your life! It will be precious, to see what the Lord is doing and has in store for your life too!
    God bless you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete