Monday, February 1, 2010

Little Intro



What's up everybody. Mark here. Liz & I decided to start this blog as a way to document our adventure with each other!

Just a little intro. My story is a little different than Liz's. For me, I think I thought love was out there but I had no idea where (or when). I would go on a date here and there, but nothing serious. Everybody kept saying try dating websites, try this, try that. Something told me those really weren't for me. I was more like "God I am just going to let you find the right one and not put a time limit on it". I, of course, wanted a special someone but knew God could let me happy either way.

Flash forward to January 10. That is when I met Liz in Sunday School. She was there with her brother James. I thought she was cute for sure, but had no initial thoughts of asking her out. Then that afternoon, added her as a friend on Facebook. We started talking on FB, I asked her out, she said yes (woohoo!), and we went out that Saturday night. Going in I had a feeling this one was different, but had no idea it would go so wonderful. Once the date started, it was like we had know each other forever and we were so comfortable. We saw each other at church the next morning...and haven't looked back since!!!!

Flash forward to the present and I am madly in love with Liz. More than I would ever thought possible. I can't imagine life without her. She is amazing in so many ways: Godly, beautiful, funny, quirky, silly, outgoing, caring, full of life, passionate, smart. She is all I could ever hope for in a girlfriend. Two things particular stand out for me (besides the fact she is so dang cute!). One is that she is real. In that I mean, she never tries to pretend to be something else when I am around. She is just herself. Sometimes serious, sometimes dorky, but always Liz.

Second is that she is so loving. I have loved people before, but I have never had a girlfriend be so loving back to me. Liz is more loving than I thought a girlfriend could ever be, She does so many little things (and big things) that tell me she is dedicated heart, mind, and soul to our relationship.

To end this I say this to Liz directly: I love you Liz more than words can say. You have my heart and soul completely in your hands. I thank God everyday for introducing us and cannot wait for the wonderful things God has planned for us. I pray daily that I would be the best boyfriend and do all I can to serve you and make you happy. I love you tons babe!!!

- Mark

1 comment:

  1. You both make me cry. I feel like I am missing out on the best moment of her life but then you both make me feel like I am right there....big hugs to both of you.

    ReplyDelete