Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Conversation at Starbucks

This morning, I ran into my fifth grade teacher at Starbucks. Instead of running off to our list of things to do, we sat and chatted for bit. My favorite part of this conversation went like this:
Mrs. Ash: Im so proud of you, not surprised at all.
Me: awkward smile
Mrs. Ash: You are the strongest most hard headed child I have ever taught. I hope you held on to that. I punished you for it, yet never meant to take that away from you, only meant to help you direct it.
Me: lol...smiled
Mrs.Ash: Do you still run
Me: everyday, I have to.
Mrs.Ash:I remember at recess, you would run around the playground doing laps, you always did this on your quiet days, days you also did not eat lunch. I even talked to your father about it, because I saw something there. You were a very abnormal fifth grader.
Me:yeah...something. That will you speak of, is very strong. Running is more to me than most. Its my mind controlling my flesh. God has taught me to beat me body into submission to His will. Not mine.
Ash: Your passion still gives me chills. Again, you are the strongest willed child, now a woman. Elisabeth God has a will for you.
Me: smile and teared up.

2 comments:

  1. totally...i dont remember her being that fidgety and awkward. she seemed so nervous

    ReplyDelete